Here are a few of my favorite past kindergartners performing a traditional Indian dance!
Do you want to bring the beauty of those Native American costumes into your classroom?
Then, have your students make a beautiful Indian Beaded Necklace.
How To Make:
- Place about 1 cup of salad macaroni in a baggie. (Or desired amount)
- Add 2 Tbs. of vinegar. (Per 1 cup)
- Drop desired amounts of food coloring.
- Seal the bags and then shake vigorously.
- Let sit for a few hours, shaking bags every once in a while.
- Spread the pasta, in a single layer, on a paper towel covered baking sheet.
- Let dry. (You may wish to rub the “beads” around occasionally to speed the drying process.
- String the beads into necklaces using curling ribbon, yarn, thread, dental floss or other desired necklace making material.
This necklaces turn out beautiful, and will last forever!